- A small sparrow common throughout most of North America.
More example sentences
- Passerculus sandwichensis, family Emberizidae
- I found two separate indigo bunting territories, heard a rose-breasted grosbeak singing in the distance as well as the song of a savannah sparrow in a nearby field.
- The town had fewest species, but many of these showed larger numbers here than in the other ecosystems, e.g., semipalmated sandpipers, horned larks, savannah sparrows, white-crowned sparrows, and Lapland longspurs.
- Semipalmated sandpipers, savannah sparrows, white-crowned sparrows, and Lapland longspurs were all abundant, especially along the overgrown edges of ditches amongst the houses.