- The reduction for two is based on the saving in postage costs.
- All this means that eliminating tuition is a real financial possibility, given the saving in administration and financial assistance that would result.
- For example, if an engineer constructed a project overall within budget and made a saving in nine out of ten items within the bill, he received no bonus or award.
- Some who have followed this route have lost not only their redundancy money but their life savings.
- Folks got more and more greedy, throwing their life savings and retirement money into the market.
- Pension holders risk losing their life savings if their employer goes bust, the pensions advisory service has warned.
adjective[in combination] Back to top
prepositionBack to top
Use savings in the modifying position (savings bank, savings bond) and when referring to money saved in a bank: your savings are fully insured. When speaking of an act of saving, as when one obtains a discount on a purchase, the preferred form is saving: with this coupon you will receive a saving of $3 (not a savings of $3).