Definition of savior in English:
1A person who saves someone or something (especially a country or cause) from danger, and who is regarded with the veneration of a religious figure.
- Positioned as the saviors of the nation, foreigners slide all too easily into becoming its scapegoats.
- So he let the crisis spin out in order to present himself, as in 1940, the saviour of the nation.
- After all if what I was hearing from my fellow St Lucian was true then a savior or saviors were needed to effect a rescue.
1.1 (the/our Savior) (In Christianity) God or Jesus Christ as the redeemer of sin and saver of souls.
- At Christmas we Christians celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, whom Herod tried to kill as an infant.
- At that moment, I broke down and realized Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind.
- When the pastor asked if anyone would like to come forward and receive Christ as their Savior or just to rededicate their lives to Him, Adam went forward.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan