Definition of saw palmetto in English:
A small palm with fan-shaped leaves that have sharply toothed stalks, native to the southeastern US.
- Several species in the family Palmae, in particular Serenoa repens
- For years, berries of the saw palmetto plant have been used to treat bladder and prostate conditions.
- The under story is characteristically open, with large expanses of white sand interspersed with the oaks and saw palmetto.
- Primary vegetation shielding the nest was dwarf live oak and saw palmetto.
Definition of saw palmetto in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan