Definition of saw palmetto in English:
A small palm with fan-shaped leaves that have sharply toothed stalks, native to the southeastern US.
- Several species in the family Palmae, in particular Serenoa repens
- For years, berries of the saw palmetto plant have been used to treat bladder and prostate conditions.
- The under story is characteristically open, with large expanses of white sand interspersed with the oaks and saw palmetto.
- Primary vegetation shielding the nest was dwarf live oak and saw palmetto.
Definition of saw palmetto in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.