(also Sawdust Trail)
- 1The itinerary of a traveling gospel preacher: a retired clergyman who spent his working days as an evangelist on what was left of the old Sawdust TrailMore example sentences
- Thorn, the son of a Pentecostal preacher who grew up singing and playing tambourine on the Mississippi sawdust trail, has developed a musical style that combines folk, blues, country, gospel, R&B, and rock and roll.
- 1.1The process of an erring individual’s rehabilitation through repentance: the president has been on the sawdust trail recently, apologizing hither and yonMore example sentences
- None of the recognition, however, replaces the impact Sunday had on the lives of those who hit the sawdust trail at one of his meetings.
- The presidential campaign trail hasn't quite turned into the ‘sawdust trail,’ but religious issues and candidate comments on faith have popped up frequently.