More example sentences
- Over the years, he has become adept on alto and soprano saxes, value trombone, flugelhorn, pocket trumpet, cornet, and various clarinets.
- His exquisite phrasing is heard frequently on 16-or 32-bar alto sax solos, and occasionally on trumpet and clarinet.
- The song bolts out with an anticipatory, pulsing rhythm under a soprano sax solo.
early 20th century: abbreviation.
- More example sentences
- Our erstwhile ska hardliners are now essentially a four-piece, with saxist Lorraine front and centre handling vocal duty.
- And he also fell under the sway of Crouch, as well as the alto saxist Arthur Blythe and, a bit later, David Murray, who played tenor sax and bass clarinet.
- B.J., Andy, and Joe would play their guitars, Alex would be our saxist, Chelsea would be the keyboardist, and you and I would be the lead singers.
Entry from British & World English dictionary