- 1A temporary structure on the outside of a building, made usually of wooden planks and metal poles, used by workers while building, repairing, or cleaning the building.More example sentences
- The court was told Francis claimed he had seen a couple of people with machetes or metal scaffolding poles.
- Solutions were also needed to solve problems of working inside the old building, such as setting wooden letterboxes into the walls to slide scaffolding poles inside, as these could not be brought through the front door.
- It is also excellent for use in temporary facilities such as scaffolding, staging, job shacks and other job-site structures that are not normally protected against fire.
- 1.1The materials used in scaffolding.More example sentences
- One way the new nanotubes can be customized is by using them as scaffolding for other materials.
- Mr Allen spent six weeks in intensive care after the accident when scaffolding being carried in a truck smashed through the windscreen of his Fosseway Coaches bus.
- Portable buildings, truck loads of scaffolding, compressors, mini-diggers and a gang of men wearing hard hats and fluorescent jackets took over the site in January.
More definitions of scaffoldingDefinition of scaffolding in:
- The British & World English dictionary