Definition of scallion in English:
nounchiefly North American
A long-necked onion with a small bulb, in particular a shallot or green onion.
- A common scallion is Allium fistulosum, family Liliaceae (or Alliaceae)
- Unlike their larger bulb cousins, green onions, scallions and leeks should be refrigerated.
- Add the onion, shallot, scallions, fennel, ginger, and garlic and gently sauté until tender, making sure not to brown.
- Cucumbers go well with buttermilk, dill, mint, salmon, tarragon, scallions, onions, tomatoes, sour cream and yogurt.
Words that rhyme with scallionbattalion, galleon, medallion, rapscallion
Definition of scallion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.