- (In Italian cooking) thin, boneless slices of meat, typically veal, sautéed or fried.More example sentences
- But it's mostly veal scallopini or veal Marsala; Caesar salad, clams oreganata.
- Each time one of these indie restaurants crops up along East Passyunk or around Rittenhouse Square, it begs the question: Is local love of homemade gnocchi and veal scaloppine boundless?
- The involtini, which is stuffed veal scaloppine, was the highlight for me - it showed real skill to balance the flavours.
Italian, plural of scaloppina, diminutive of scaloppa 'envelope'.
More definitions of scaloppineDefinition of scaloppine in:
- The British & World English dictionary