adjective (scalier, scaliest)
- 1Covered in scales.More example sentences
- Its skin was a nasty shade of brown, covered in visible bumps and scars, even scaly.
- As she stepped closer, the intelligent reptilian head and glittering scaly body became apparent.
- Their riders, scaly humanoid creatures with reptilian features, watched the trees for any sign of moments.
- 1.1(Of skin) dry and flaking.More example sentences
- Face it - dry, pasty, scaly skin doesn't exactly go with shorts and tees.
- Cracked or scaly skin is unable to serve as an effective barrier against disease.
- We have heard from several readers that regular use of this spice seems to help control the itchy, scaly skin associated with psoriasis.
- More example sentences
- Scrub off scaliness by mixing together two tablespoons of jojoba oil with four drops of lemon oil and four drops of lime oil (all available at health food stores).
- Apart from the redness and scaliness being unsightly, cracked, dry skin is a surefire route for infection.
- A rash, redness, scaliness around the nipple or itching that lasts several weeks could also be a sign of eczema or Paget's disease, a rare form of breast cancer.