- another term for pangolin.More example sentences
- Analysis of these fossils showed the ancient creature to be a small mammal, possibly distantly related to the modern scaly anteater known as the pangolin.
- In contrast with the Xenarthra, the Old World Pholidota is not trophically diverse and contains only the myrmecophagous pangolins, or scaly anteaters.
- Alternatively they may climb trees in search of tree ants, as do the pangolins or scaly anteaters of the genus Manis.
More definitions of scaly anteaterDefinition of scaly anteater in:
- The British & World English dictionary