Definition of scampi in English:
1Large shrimp or prawns, especially when prepared or cooked.
- Deep-fried fillet of cod, or the scampi and chips will definitely fill a hole and, in thoroughly modern fashion, you can also get baked fish, or even healthier low-carb dishes.
- This reflects the fact that Italians in the Adriatic had for long appreciated it, and had many recipes for scampi cooked in this or that way, which became familiar to tourists.
- In fact, 20-30 years ago unscrupulous restaurateurs in Spanish resorts would pass it off as lobster or scampi to unsuspecting tourists.
1.1A dish of shrimp or prawns, typically sautéed in garlic and butter and often topped with bread crumbs.
- He himself had been wondering what was going on between Ms. Spectra and his manager and hadn't he had other items in his schedule he would have loved to gab about Faith and Ms. Spectra over some fresh shrimp scampi.
- Never get married in an un-airconditioned establishment that hands out promotional shrimp scampi at the door!
- Does the shrimp scampi sound like a good appetizer?
Definition of scampi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan