- 1Large shrimp or prawns, especially when prepared or cooked.More example sentences
- Deep-fried fillet of cod, or the scampi and chips will definitely fill a hole and, in thoroughly modern fashion, you can also get baked fish, or even healthier low-carb dishes.
- This reflects the fact that Italians in the Adriatic had for long appreciated it, and had many recipes for scampi cooked in this or that way, which became familiar to tourists.
- In fact, 20-30 years ago unscrupulous restaurateurs in Spanish resorts would pass it off as lobster or scampi to unsuspecting tourists.
- 1.1A dish of shrimp or prawns, typically sautéed in garlic and butter and often topped with bread crumbs.More example sentences
- He himself had been wondering what was going on between Ms. Spectra and his manager and hadn't he had other items in his schedule he would have loved to gab about Faith and Ms. Spectra over some fresh shrimp scampi.
- Never get married in an un-airconditioned establishment that hands out promotional shrimp scampi at the door!
- Does the shrimp scampi sound like a good appetizer?
More definitions of scampiDefinition of scampi in:
- The British & World English dictionary