- A strategy intended to manipulate public opinion about a particular issue by arousing fear or alarm: we need facts, not scare tactics and false informationMore example sentences
- How much of this is really true and how much is a scare tactic to make us panic and want to go back to living off the land?
- He said the notices were not a scare tactic, but a way of giving people information.
- Lawyers for the victims viewed the move as a scare tactic to keep others from coming forward.
More definitions of scare tacticDefinition of scare tactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary