- Malicious computer programs designed to trick a user into buying and downloading unnecessary and potentially dangerous software, such as fake antivirus protection: another worrying finding of the report is the huge increase in scarewareMore example sentences
- Rogue/fake applications (scareware) such as this have been around for years on Windows.
- This past weekend, even the New York Times was duped into running a scareware ad on their site.
- Sophos picked up an average of fifteen such scareware sites per day during the first half of 2009, a three-fold increase over the same period last year.
More definitions of scarewareDefinition of scareware in:
- The British & World English dictionary