Definition of scarifier in English:
1A tool with spikes or prongs used for breaking up matted vegetation in the surface of a lawn.
- Yesterday he tried to kill me by telling me it was fine to use the lawn scarifier without a power breaker in the circuit.
- It's hard work so hire a petrol-driven scarifier for large areas.
- They built a scarifier - a device that will disk, turn, or till the soil to prepare it for receiving seeds - to pull behind their pole skidder after harvesting a birch plot.
1.1A machine with spikes used for breaking up the surface of a road.
- The Maintainer, 14 ft. long and 7 ft., 5 in. wide, offers five hydraulic attachments: scarifier, side dozer, bulldozer, front-end loader, and berm leveler.
- So available attachments include snowplows, dozer blades, rippers, scarifiers, and windrow eliminators.
- Its Lombardini engine gives 47 hp, its cab is fully enclosed, its scarifier is center-mounted, and it offers two-speed hydrostatic drive and tandem drive.
Words that rhyme with scarifierclarifier
Definition of scarifier in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.