- An infectious bacterial disease affecting especially children, and causing fever and a scarlet rash. It is caused by streptococci.More example sentences
- If the bacteria spreads to a wound it can cause more serious illnesses including scarlet fever, rheumatic fever, pneumonia, and occasionally it can be life threatening.
- Passengers were inspected for contagious diseases such as small pox, yellow fever, scarlet fever, and measles.
- Group A streptococci also produce toxins that can cause circulatory collapse in streptococcal toxic shock syndrome or fever and a rash in scarlet fever.
More definitions of scarlet feverDefinition of scarlet fever in:
- The British & World English dictionary