Definition of scattergun in English:
- Unlike the vast majority of semiauto scatterguns, the Benelli is not a gas gun.
- This is the first large-scale procurement of anything other than slide-action scatterguns since the U.S. military was pulled out of Vietnam more than 25 years ago.
- For decades, short double-barrel scatterguns have been a premier home-defense recommendation by such authorities as Jeff Cooper.
adjectiveBack to top
another term for scattershot.
- If we must have retail developments, let's concentrate on the city centre instead of perpetuating the Council's scattergun approach to planning.
- She brings soul to anything her lazy-sounding voice touches and a vision of the world which is wrought in impressionistic, scattergun lyrics gilded with humour.
- ‘If Wallace and Jack McConnell are not careful, this scattergun approach will land Scotland in hot water,’ he said.
Definition of scattergun in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan