1A person or machine that organizes or maintains schedules.
- The schedulers know their business: this is a nation obsessed with bricks and mortar.
- Organiser functions include a scheduler, alarm clock, calculator and world clock.
- In truth, it's commonplace for harried, in-shop work schedulers or field supervisors to permit maintenance work to lapse.
1.1 Computing A program that arranges jobs or a computer’s operations into an appropriate sequence.
- The software team programmed the scheduler to log when a job took longer than expected.
- Latency is a function of the audio-interface hardware, the audio-interface device driver, the operating system scheduler and the application software.
- Once the time slice of a running process is over, the Linux scheduler picks up another appropriate process from the run queue and allocates CPU power to that process.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of scheduler in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.