Definition of schefflera in English:
An evergreen tropical or subtropical shrub or small tree that is widely grown as a houseplant for its decorative foliage.
- Genus Schefflera, family Araliaceae
- Yellowing, twisted foliage with tiny webs appears on susceptible species including gardenias, scheffleras, ivy, and roses.
- Spider plants, philodendrons, scheffleras, chrysanthemums, ferns and dracaena are excellent air filters.
- The shiny foliage resembles that of a schefflera; the nuts are packed into woody, football-shaped pods.
Modern Latin, named after J. C. Scheffler, 18th-century German botanist.
Definition of schefflera in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.