- 1Academic study or achievement; learning of a high level.More example sentences
- By the time they reach adulthood, many achieve high levels of Islamic scholarship.
- He is appalled at the level of scholarship in the theatre in this country.
- He proved to be the correct scholar to direct her to the next level in her scholarship.
- 2A grant or payment made to support a student’s education, awarded on the basis of academic or other achievement.More example sentences
- The money will be used to support scholarships and education grants through the Foundation.
- The winners receive cash awards and scholarships to continue their education at college or art school.
- New staff have been hired and more money is available for student loans, scholarships and bursaries.