Definition of schoolgirl in English:
1A girl attending school.
- If you're not among the 1,000 English and French private schoolgirls who attend classes at Villa Maria, you're deemed a trespasser if you're found on the grounds.
- Should schoolgirls or teachers be allowed to wear veils in public schools?
- The story is one of passion, in this case between two adolescent schoolgirls, room-mates at an all-girl boarding school.
1.1 [as modifier] Characteristic of or associated with schoolgirls, especially in being elementary or immature: schoolgirl French
More example sentences
- There was no criminal intent in that schoolgirl case.
- But both the style and content remain at the level of schoolgirl reportage.
- How did schoolgirl dress become a matter for the Law Lords?
Definition of schoolgirl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan