- A building used as a school, especially in a small community or village.More example sentences
- And until the expulsion of the Jesuits in the early 1760s, the church controlled virtually all educational institutions, from village schoolhouses to university faculties.
- She had just come home from another uneventful day at the village schoolhouse.
- It was a schoolhouse for this particular community where elders could teach the young something about their environmental traditions, their past, and also their aspirations for the future.
More definitions of schoolhouseDefinition of schoolhouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary