nounchiefly North American
- The grounds of a school, especially as a place for children to play: that schoolyard full of kids [as modifier]: the schoolyard bullyMore example sentences
- However, on the whole, it doesn't sound all that different from regular, everyday schoolyard bullying, and I doubt that's ever going to stop.
- We would punish him, with really typical schoolyard bullying.
- They should be protected from parents who pass along prejudices that lead to schoolyard bullying and, later in life, hate crimes.
More definitions of schoolyardDefinition of schoolyard in:
- The British & World English dictionary