- A straight downhill run on skis.More example sentences
- Hunks of ice studding the Cascade concrete make my first turns feel like a schuss down a staircase.
- The most accessible east side road, Two Medicine attracts those out for a long schuss.
- I still have a scar from my own hopeful schuss during my innocent early days.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Make a straight downhill run on skis.More example sentences
- Its lightness belies its warmth; the shell sheathes two layers of insulation, whose thinness and elasticity allow for greater freedom of movement when schussing down the slopes.
- After a long day schussing through powder, you can book a deep-tissue or sports massage at the on-site spa.
- Whether you're seriously schussing or simply styling, your success on the slopes will be determined by clothing that is functional, stylish, and comfortable.
1930s: from German Schuss, literally 'shot'.
More definitions of schussDefinition of schuss in:
- The British & World English dictionary