Definition of schuss in English:
A straight downhill run on skis.
- Hunks of ice studding the Cascade concrete make my first turns feel like a schuss down a staircase.
- The most accessible east side road, Two Medicine attracts those out for a long schuss.
- I still have a scar from my own hopeful schuss during my innocent early days.
verb[no object] Back to top
Make a straight downhill run on skis.
- Its lightness belies its warmth; the shell sheathes two layers of insulation, whose thinness and elasticity allow for greater freedom of movement when schussing down the slopes.
- After a long day schussing through powder, you can book a deep-tissue or sports massage at the on-site spa.
- Whether you're seriously schussing or simply styling, your success on the slopes will be determined by clothing that is functional, stylish, and comfortable.
1930s: from German Schuss, literally 'shot'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan