- A major nerve extending from the lower end of the spinal cord down the back of the thigh, and dividing above the knee joint. It is the nerve with the largest diameter in the human body.More example sentences
- The lumbosacral trunk and the second and third sacral nerves are major components of the sciatic nerve.
- Perhaps the best-known nerve is the sciatic nerve, which when inflamed or under pressure causes pain, tenderness, and weakness in the back of the leg.
- This set of symptoms is called sciatica, because it is often a nerve root of the sciatic nerve going to one leg that is affected.
More definitions of sciatic nerveDefinition of sciatic nerve in:
- The British & World English dictionary