- Management of a business, industry, or economy, according to principles of efficiency derived from experiments in methods of work and production, especially from time-and-motion studies.More example sentences
- It is a widespread illusion that the efficiency of government bureaus could be improved by management engineers and their methods of scientific management.
- As a result, engineering firms slowly abandoned apprentice programs and began exploring scientific management as the tool to sustain their shop-floor control and productive vitality.
- First, scientific management transforms welfare capitalism into personnel management programs to supervise workers.
More definitions of scientific managementDefinition of scientific management in:
- The British & World English dictionary