Definition of scilla in English:
A plant of the lily family that typically bears small blue star- or bell-shaped flowers and glossy straplike leaves, native to Eurasia and temperate Africa.
- Genus Scilla, family Liliaceae
- The hoop petticoat narcissus, snowdrops, scillas, and crocus are perhaps the most delightful subjects for the purpose.
- Spring kicks off with two million crocuses followed by 900,000 daffodils and 300,000 scillas planted under the trees.
- On the south side of the manor house, he planted a large alpine meadow with masses of scillas, daffodils, anemomes and fritillarias.
Words that rhyme with scillaAnguilla, Aquila, Attila, Camilla, cedilla, chiller, chinchilla, driller, Drusilla, fibrillar, filler, flotilla, fulfiller, Godzilla, gorilla, griller, guerrilla, killer, Manila, manilla, mantilla, miller, pillar, Priscilla, sapodilla, sarsaparilla, Schiller, scintilla, spiller, swiller, thriller, tiller, vanilla, vexilla, villa, Willa, willer, zorilla
Definition of scilla in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India