(also scimitar-horned oryx)
Definition of scimitar oryx in English:
An oryx with scimitar-shaped horns, now living only along the southern edge of the Sahara.
- Oryx dammah, family Bovidae
- Here one would find oneself part of a unique population: domain and rheem gazelle, scimitar-horned oryx, the beautiful Arabian oryx, the rare Arabian fox, the tiny desert hare.
- They also enjoyed the scimitar-horned oryx, axis deer, fallow deer, sika deer, blackbuck antelope, eland, Corsican rams and their various cousins, aoudad, impala, bison and many more species calling the Rio Bonito home.
- The scimitar-horned oryx: overhunting, desertification and continuing wars in northern Africa have all contributed to its demise.
Definition of scimitar oryx in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.