- 1Abnormal hardening of body tissue.More example sentences
- In MS, myelin is lost in multiple areas, leaving scar tissue called sclerosis.
- The lymph node biopsy showed sclerosis surrounding cellular nodules that contained clusters of large atypical cells admixed with small lymphocytes and numerous eosinophils.
- It exhibited squamous differentiation, sclerosis, and eosinophilia.
- 1.1 see multiple sclerosis.
- 2Excessive resistance to change: the challenge was to avoid institutional sclerosisMore example sentences
- In other words, this is a story not about institutional sclerosis, but about the necessarily contingent process of institutional change.
late Middle English (originally denoting a hard external tumor): via medieval Latin from Greek sklērōsis, from sklēroun 'harden'.
More definitions of sclerosisDefinition of sclerosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary