- 1 Medicine Of or having sclerosis.More example sentences
- A striking topographic relationship of focal inflammation and sclerotic atrophy was seen in areas with erosion of the epithelium.
- Histologically, the tumor may display solid, papillary, hemorrhagic, and sclerotic areas.
- Most cause lytic lesions with the exception of prostate and thyroid cancer, which cause sclerotic lesions.
- 2Becoming rigid and unresponsive; losing the ability to adapt: sclerotic managementMore example sentences
- The fact that the government would welcome such politically tendentious rubbish shows how far the sclerotic gestures of the adversary culture have taken over establishment taste.
- In contrast to the ossified and sclerotic humanities, for example, business studies now accounts for about a third of university activity and teaches about half the foreign students.
- The War Department in the 1920s was indeed sclerotic, and Mitchell was indeed a visionary.
nounBack to top
More definitions of scleroticDefinition of sclerotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary