- A poisonous plant alkaloid used as an antiemetic in motion sickness, as a preoperative medication for examination of the eye, and formerly as a sedative and hypnotic.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C17H21NO4. It is obtained chiefly from plants of the genus Scopolia, family Solanaceae
- What do aspirin, codeine, ipecac, reserpine, scopolamine, theophylline, and vinblastine have in common?
- Causative medications are droperidol, diphenhydramine, meperidine, promethazine, atropine, and scopolamine.
- In all preceding studies, alkaloid production was measured as scopolamine and hyoscyamine only.
late 19th century: from Scopolia (genus name of the plants yielding it) + amine.
More definitions of scopolamineDefinition of scopolamine in:
- The British & World English dictionary