Definition of scops owl in English:
A small owl with distinctive ear tufts, found in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
- Genus Otus, family Strigidae: many species, in particular the widespread Eurasian scops owl (O. scops)
- Minutes later, a faint reply suggests that a pair of Sokoke scops owls have roosted in the distance.
- The shy little Sokoke scops owl lives only in one coastal reserve in Kenya and in a second isolated forest in Tanzania.
- Here too live several unique plants and animals that are found nowhere else on earth - such as the Sokoke scops owl - and endangered species like the African elephant and the Sokoke bushy-tailed mongoose.
Definition of scops owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan