- A large board on which the score in a game or match is displayed.More example sentences
- The athletes and swimmers got to compete in world class stadia and for most, seeing their names displayed on the giant scoreboards was a once in a lifetime experience.
- Waterloo dominated the play throughout the game, lighting up the scoreboard with its first goal midway through the first half.
- Although the Golden Hawks were unable to score any more touchdowns, they were able to add two field goals to the scoreboard before the end of the game.
More definitions of scoreboardDefinition of scoreboard in:
- The British & World English dictionary