Definition of screech owl in English:
A small American owl with a screeching call and distinctive ear tufts.
- Otus asio, family Strigidae
- I leave you with one of the best passages of a description of a flock of blue jays mobbing a screech owl.
- Suddenly I heard the distant cry of a screech owl.
- I'm comfortable here, and content to listen to the screech owl outside and the gentle creaking of the house as it settles for the night.
Definition of screech owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan