Definition of screech owl in English:
A small American owl with a screeching call and distinctive ear tufts.
- Otus asio, family Strigidae
- I leave you with one of the best passages of a description of a flock of blue jays mobbing a screech owl.
- Suddenly I heard the distant cry of a screech owl.
- I'm comfortable here, and content to listen to the screech owl outside and the gentle creaking of the house as it settles for the night.
Definition of screech owl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.