Definition of screen test in English:
A filmed test to ascertain whether an actor is suitable for a movie role.
- Meanwhile, in NYC at the Film Forum, The Blue Angel is playing… with a special look at Dietrich's screen test for the film.
- In his commentary, Jeunet says he likes Moreau's performance in her screen test even better than her excellent work in the film.
- They gave me an outline of my role, and then I had a screen test and a language test, and after that it was time for film shooting.
verb(screen-test) [with object] Back to top
Give a screen test to (an actor).
- ‘I had to be screen-tested,’ confesses actor and friend of the family Brad Smith.
- The Polish Brothers screen-tested him and he looks a lot like a young George Reeves.
- She has been screen-tested to provide a video diary for Sky during the World Cup in South Africa.
Definition of screen test in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan