- A young cod, haddock, or similar fish, especially one prepared for cooking.More example sentences
- And if he's really hungry, he says he usually has some Atlantic white fish or some scrod.
- In New England, scrod are very young cod or haddock, weighing only a pound or two.
- She happily consumes her fishsticks, aka a heap of greasy breading wrapped around a three-micron-thick wafer of minced scrod.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of scrodDefinition of scrod in:
- The British & World English dictionary