verb (skries, scrying, skried)[no object]
Foretell the future using a crystal ball or other reflective object or surface.
- Moody has a mirrored room where guests come to scry, hoping for a visit from a dead loved one.
- ‘We have to find them fast,’ Millie said, grabbing a crystal and starting to scry with it.
- You can scry through time you know, only not to the future.
- Example sentences
- I was told where to go by the scryers in the scrying room.
- He had had half a dozen scryers scry out the situation at the city centre, since radars tended to go all awry when it came to the Disruption Fields put up by all starguards and hellguards.
- The Gatherings began to attract some interesting and unusual people including psychics, remote viewers, psychometrists and scryers.
Early 16th century: shortening of descry.
Words that rhyme with scryally, Altai, apply, assai, awry, ay, aye, Baha'i, belie, bi, Bligh, buy, by, bye, bye-bye, chi, Chiangmai, Ciskei, comply, cry, Cy, Dai, defy, deny, Di, die, do-or-die, dry, Dubai, dye, espy, eye, fie, fly, forbye, fry, Frye, goodbye (US goodby), guy, hereby, hi, hie, high, I, imply, I-spy, July, kai, lie, lye, Mackay, misapply, my, nearby, nigh, Nye, outfly, passer-by, phi, pi, pie, ply, pry, psi, Qinghai, rai, rely, rocaille, rye, serai, shanghai, shy, sigh, sky, Skye, sky-high, sly, spin-dry, spry, spy, sty, Sukhotai, supply, Tai, Thai, thereby, thigh, thy, tie, Transkei, try, tumble-dry, underlie, Versailles, Vi, vie, whereby, why, wry, Wye, xi, Xingtai, Yantai
Definition of scry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.