Definition of sea bream in English:
A deep-bodied marine fish that resembles the freshwater bream, in particular.
- ● Several genera and species in the family Sparidae (the sea bream family), in particular the red sea bream (Pagellus bogaraveo), which is fished commercially, and the black sea bream (Spondyliosoma cantharus), a popular angling fish; the sea bream family also includes the porgies. ● A fish of Australasian coastal waters, with a purple back and silver underside (Seriolella brama, family Centrolophidae).
- Seen by many as harbingers of climate change, octopus, sea bream, sunfish, turtles, and other marine creatures associated with warmer waters are turning up with increasing regularity.
- For example, tarakihi is called sea bream or morwong and silver warehou, gemfish.
- The dorades (which I have found are the equivalent of sea bream, of the porgy family) were on sale, and I bought two for a grand total of 7 euros.
Definition of sea bream in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.