Definition of sea buckthorn in English:
A bushy Eurasian shrub or small tree that typically grows on sandy coasts. It bears orange berries, and some plants are spiny.
- Hippophae rhamnoides, Elaeagnaceae
- The sea buckthorn Hippophae rhamnoides should not be planted on sand dunes as its vigorous suckers can reduce species rich dunes to an impenetrable thorny thicket.
- If you want a plant that will not be stripped of its berries by birds, sea buckthorn is a good bet.
- To provide soil with nitrogen, try ceanothus, clover, legumes (beans, peas), lupine, and sea buckthorn.
Definition of sea buckthorn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.