noun[usually with adjective]
- A boat or ship considered in terms of its ability to cope with conditions at sea: she was a surprisingly good sea boatMore example sentences
- Without her sea boats Argyll's ability to perform to her maximum capability is reduced.
- The yacht was safe, though close to foundering, when Endurance arrived, and sea boats from the Explorer were able to free the yacht's dinghy, which had become trapped under its stern.
- He began fishing on deep sea boats only this year, despite the fact he has been an angler all his life and has caught many rare specimens.
More definitions of sea boatDefinition of sea boat in:
- The British & World English dictionary