- A person who commands a ship, especially a merchant ship.More example sentences
- In May of 1792, American merchant sea captain Robert Gray sailed into the Columbia River, becoming the first recorded European to navigate into it.
- Instead, everyone just refers to him as the old sea captain.
- He delivered a solid performance as the Dutch sea captain of a spooky ship with cursed blood-red masts known as The Flying Dutchman.
More definitions of sea captainDefinition of sea captain in:
- The British & World English dictionary