Any of a number of ducks that frequent the sea, especially the eiders, scoters, and long-tailed duck.
- Tribes Somateriini (and Mergini), family Anatidae: several genera
More example sentences
- Most ducks are omnivorous, but some are primarily herbivores and others (such as sea ducks and mergansers) are mostly carnivorous.
- By contrast, information on the numbers and distribution of wintering divers and sea ducks remains a large gap in our knowledge.
- We recorded 20 species of sea ducks and other waterbirds, the. most abundant of which were common eiders.
Definition of sea duck in:
- The British & World English dictionary