Definition of sea eagle in English:
A large Eurasian fish-eating eagle that frequents coasts and wetlands.
- Genus Haliaetus, family Accipitridae: several species, in particular the widespread white-tailed sea eagle (H. albicilla), recently reintroduced to Scotland
- This also happens to be where Scotland's most emblematic birds are flying: golden eagles, ospreys, sea eagles, whooper swans, grouse etc.
- At the moment it is illegal to own eggs stolen from protected birds in Britain, such as ospreys, sea eagles and golden eagles.
- They face a host of predators, including sea eagles, golden eagles, peregrine falcons, black-backed gulls and rats.
Definition of sea eagle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India