Definition of sea hare in English:
A large sea slug that has a minute internal shell and lateral extensions to the foot. Most species can swim, and many secrete distasteful chemicals to deter predators.
- Aplysia and other genera, order Anaspidea, class Gastropoda
- Less mobile residents include several species of nudibranchs and sea hares, which are numerous in the early spring.
- We found ten different species of nudibranch, as well as sea spiders, edible crabs, swimming crabs and sea hares.
- In March the beds are also covered in red, white and yellow ribbons - the spawn from thousands of sea lemons and sea hares that make an annual excursion to this area.
Definition of sea hare in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia