Definition of sea-kindly in English:
(Of a ship) easy to handle at sea.
- The new model is a fast and sea kindly sports cruiser with a well thought-out accommodation and cockpit layout and a record of successful ocean cruising.
- Our yachts are known for their great construction and sea kindly designs.
- She is a warm, quiet, and sea kindly ship.
- Example sentences
- The ability to ride the tops of a wave will improve the sea kindliness of a boat but at certain steepness all bets are off.
- We necessarily conclude from this that widening the water plane (increasing beam) will reduce comfort and degrade seakindliness.
- The hull shapes have been developed for performance, safety and sea kindliness.
Definition of sea-kindly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan