Definition of sea-kindly in English:
(Of a ship) easy to handle at sea.
- The new model is a fast and sea kindly sports cruiser with a well thought-out accommodation and cockpit layout and a record of successful ocean cruising.
- Our yachts are known for their great construction and sea kindly designs.
- She is a warm, quiet, and sea kindly ship.
- Example sentences
- The ability to ride the tops of a wave will improve the sea kindliness of a boat but at certain steepness all bets are off.
- We necessarily conclude from this that widening the water plane (increasing beam) will reduce comfort and degrade seakindliness.
- The hull shapes have been developed for performance, safety and sea kindliness.
Definition of sea-kindly in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.