Definition of sea lavender in English:
A chiefly maritime plant with small pink or lilac funnel-shaped flowers. Several kinds are cultivated and some are used as everlasting flowers.
- Genus Limonium (formerly Statice), family Plumbaginaceae
- On the coast, saltmarshes are covered with sea lavender.
- I planted the pen with sea lavender (Statice), which is available in nurseries here.
- Higher up you will find others such as Sea Purslane, Sea Aster and Sea Lavender; the latter two have vivid mauve flowers.
Definition of sea lavender in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan