- A sedentary marine echinoderm that has a small body on a long jointed stalk, with featherlike arms to trap food.
More example sentences
- Class Crinoidea
- These include trilobites, clams, soft bodied and hard-bodied sponges, sea cucumbers, sea lilies, worms, snails, brachiopods, jellyfish, etc.
- Ambulatory relatives of the stalked sea lilies, feather stars use their arms to walk and to climb.
- A spectacular array of bottom dwellers such as sea lilies, brittle stars, sponges, and bivalves congregate on coral reefs at depths of up to 1,340 meters.
More definitions of sea lilyDefinition of sea lily in:
- The British & World English dictionary