- 1An eared seal occurring mainly on Pacific coasts, the large male of which has a mane on the neck and shoulders.
More example sentences
- Five genera and species in the family Otariidae
- ‘I got to pat a kangaroo and feed a sea lion,’ Joaquin mused.
- The Steller sea lion is an animal that's survived natural cycles in North Pacific waters for 3 million years.
- A sea lion lets out a single long deep-throated bellow that eerily pierces the air like an elephant's roar.
- 2 Heraldry A mythical beast formed of a lion’s head and foreparts and a fish’s tail.More example sentences
- Badge: A sea-lion sejant Azure goutty d'eau finned Argent breathing fire proper ducally crowned and resting the dexter foot upon a tower Or.
More definitions of sea lionDefinition of sea lion in:
- The British & World English dictionary