Definition of sea lion in English:
1An eared seal occurring mainly on Pacific coasts, the large male of which has a mane on the neck and shoulders.
- Five genera and species in the family Otariidae
- ‘I got to pat a kangaroo and feed a sea lion,’ Joaquin mused.
- The Steller sea lion is an animal that's survived natural cycles in North Pacific waters for 3 million years.
- A sea lion lets out a single long deep-throated bellow that eerily pierces the air like an elephant's roar.
Definition of sea lion in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan