Definition of sea mouse in English:
A large marine bristle-worm with a stout, oval body that bears matted, furlike, iridescent chaetae.
- Genus Aphrodite, class Polychaeta
- Some polychaetes such as the sea mouse also bear a ventral muscular, creeping sole.
- We have found another stray from the deep, a creature we had been curious to see for years - the ratfish, or sea mouse.
- Various species of polychaete are known as lugworms, clam worms, bristleworms, and sea mice.
Definition of sea mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan