Definition of sea pen in English:
A marine coelenterate related to the corals, forming a feather-shaped colony with a horny or calcareous skeleton.
- Order Pennatulacea, class Anthozoa
- Among the strait's most impressive creatures is the beautiful sea pen, and these beautiful animals are often displayed in public aquariums.
- Anthozoans include sea anemones, a variety of corals, sea fans, and sea pens.
- There is no coral reef as such, but there are plenty of soft corals, sponges, gorgonia and some very colourful sea pens.
Definition of sea pen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.